Friday, May 9, 2014

Flowers, Pepper, and Crazy Good Fruit!

This blog is going to be about BEAUTIFUL flowers, sleepy little Pepper, and a peach tasting fruit!

I don't know how this happened, but one day, I looked up and there was a ring around the sun!
For this picture of the tree, I was just messin' around with the camera at the beach, and I realized that I actually like this picture!

These next two flowers are hibiscuses, one of my favorites…! 


The next six pictures are different varieties of orchids…
( The tie-dyed looking orchid is my favorite!) 






This looks a little bit like a foxglove to me...

I have no idea what kind of flowers these next two pictures are...


These next two pictures are a flower- bigger than my head- called a torch flower!

(I assume it's called a torch flower because it's petals resemble flames?)

This is a rare site to see in Haiti…
Though I'm not saying to stop smoothing out all the gigantic pot holes and bumps in the road...

My two little hermit crabs are still thriving...

I don't think I told you guys this…
 Stacey found me another hermit crab when we went to the Dominican Republic!

Here is Pepper, just woken up from his morning nap...

Oh, never mind, he needs more beauty rest...


In the afternoon, Boone joined him for what? 
Oh right, another nap.

Here's Pepper again, a natural goat herder…
(Well, he was pacing the circumference of the goat pen,
 but by the time I got my camera, he decided he need a rest.)

Speaking of goats, since this week was the last week of school for the seminary, 
they killed three of the goats for a little feast. 
(You get a strange feeling in your stomach when you eat a friend!)
This fruit is called apriko.
 It tastes like a peach, accept there is a hard brown peel on the outside that you have to chop off. 
I cut it up and gave my dad the pit, and he said he'll try to plant it!


Oh, I almost forgot!
I FINALLY turned 12 on May first!
Just because the cupcakes are pink and purple doesn't mean I'll ever become a girly-girl ;)

My friends and I at my sleep-over birthday party…



Well I hope you enjoyed my post!

*PLEASE COMMENT BELOW*

I want to hear what you think of my blog!

2 comments:

  1. Another great blog!!!! I really enjoy reading all about what is going on in your life there in Haiti. And for you ever being a girlie girl!!! NEVER!! You are who you are and we love you just the way you are. Hugs & Kisses!!!

    ReplyDelete