Monday, October 12, 2015

Back Into The Swing Of Things


As you all know, we live and work at an amazing seminary in Haiti, and I feel like we're finally back into the swing of things! 
I started singing with my mom in chapel again...

Rosa began teaching some of our students Spanish! 
She is a great teacher, and she has lots of students!

And I started tutoring students in English two days a week again! Last year I had 6 students at the most, and this year I had 20. You can imagine my face when I walked into that classroom: terrified. I was shaky at first, but after a few minutes of stumbling through my words, I got comfortable. By the end of the class I was laughing and joking with them. I tutor the group of 15-25 beginners on Mondays, and a group of 10-20 more advanced students on Tuesdays! I love it! Now that I'm comfortable with the amount of students, it's something I look forward to doing every week! 

I love our little garden. We have lots of baby plants, and I'm so excited for harvest time!

We can't buy sweet corn in Haiti, so we planted some for ourselves! I'm so excited to see how they turn out, even if we only get a few ears!
My dad has been hard at work over the past couple weeks with our never-ending list of things to do! One thing he has been working on is finishing up our new office building. It still needs lots of work, but it's coming along.

You might not expect to find it here, but one thing that never ceases to amaze me is Haiti's natural beauty. 



Thanks for reading this short little update!

Stay tuned!



4 comments:

  1. Great job as always! You are so talented! Teaching is a big deal and I know you are awesome at it. Can't believe you are teaching. Looking forward to seeing you in action come January. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. how fun! You are amazing tutoring so many people!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are like...the coolest person I know!

    ReplyDelete