Tuesday, August 19, 2014

A trip to Pennsylvania and the plane ride to Haiti

I haven't blogged recently because. . .
We've been busy in the United States!
The first thing I wanted to blog about about our trip back, is our trip to Rickets Glen! Rickets Glen is a big hiking park in Pennsylvania, that we went to with our friends Ryan and Ali Ryman!


It has a bunch of waterfalls along the trail. . .

Here's Ethan randomly staring off into the distance. . .

 Ethan and Ali. . .

Mom and Dad. . .

Look at Ethan and I compared to the waterfall!
(And we are standing thirty feet closer to the camera!)

WATERFALLS!!!


I like this one because it's several small waterfalls in one!


This one is cool since it has a little cave!


Ali and Mom being dorks like usual. . .!

There was a small canyon Ryan climbed down into. . .


This is me before I climbed the rocks!

And me on them!

It felt a lot higher than it looks. . .



Lily says this one looks like a slide. . .

DOESN'T THIS LOOK LIKE A FACE?!

This is the 99 inch one. . .

I loved all the bridges there. . .

The Map to the trails. . .


There are some BIG trees there!


I took the lower trail. . .

This waterfall had a deep pool at the bottom. . .



For some reason this picture reminds me of ancient ruins. . .


In some places there were stairs carved out of the stone, and in others it was built into the stone!




WOAH.

Mom and Ali. . .

For lunch we packed sandwiches, chips, and cookies!

Ryan climbing the rocks!

Some more waterfalls. . .


This is the name of one of the waterfalls. . .

Hiking the trail. . .

And some more waterfalls. . .


The trail. . .

My Mom found her initials carved in a tree!
(I guess someone had the same initials as her!)

A GIANT tree fell down and they hid under the roots. . .

Ali making a doorway. . .



This was a baby waterfall. . .

I took some underwater photos in the pools at the bottom of the waterfalls. . .



This came right out of the forest. . .

This one was small. . .

And this one was HUGE.

The rest of my pictures are on the plane ride back to Haiti! Our flight left early, so I got to watch the sunrise! 



To me it looks like heaven is opening up. . . 


WOW.

We past right over a rainstorm, which -for some reason- instead of scaring me, it fascinated me! 

Here is where we entered a GIGANTIC cloud. You could see the layers of the different types of clouds! We were in that cloud for what felt like ten minutes, but it was probably only five.

And these two pictures are us exiting the cloud (or clouds?). . .


Um. . . . awesome?


Thanks for reading my blog!!! 

Stay tuned!

2 comments:

  1. those are some AWESOME pix, Haylie. SO GLAD you are home. Where is a photo of you and Pepper kissing?? :)

    ReplyDelete