Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Graduation!!!


This past Friday, was the 4th year students graduation!
So, of course, I was there! I went there early, and stayed the entire service! It's kinda strange that I enjoyed it so much... It was four and a half hours long, extremely hot, in a different language, yet I still loved it!

 Maybe it was the amazing marching band that I loved...

They marched around the church performing (what I think was) Haiti's national anthem....

Then through the front doors, and down the aisle...

This choir was SO good! (And they match!)

There were like 25 speeches that I didn't understand (Yay for French.)
(But I didn't mind sitting with my friends pretending to understand!)

One of my favorite parts was the music! One of our first year students, Rose D'Haiti, did an amazing job with leading!
This group in the picture below was really good too! They had a nice jazzy sound to them....

You can't really tell, but the church was PACKED.

Rosa and I!

When Matt was giving the 4th year students their diplomas, it was like a mosh-pit in front of the stage. 
Everyone was pushing each other, and frantically taking pictures. 
This is my least blurry picture of him...

I love this picture.

Our good friend Walnique Cenat gave the Valedictorian speech for his class!
He did a great job, he even said a little something about each one of his classmates!


After graduation, we came back to the seminary for a little party! I hung-out with my friends until the very last moment, when they walked out of the gate. It was a sad goodbye, but I know I will see them again in August!

Thanks for reading this blog!

Stay tuned!

3 comments:

  1. YAY...thank you Haylie!!!! These look GREAT! So glad to see some pix!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful ceremony! Thank you for sharing with us Haylie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blog Haylie! You are a great writer and have grown up so much. Thank you for sharing this with us. Love you lots.

    ReplyDelete