Sunday, September 8, 2013

A whole new life

I got up at three a.m. because my family and I had to get on a plane.

Where do you think I was moving to?

Haiti.

Yeah, you read right, Haiti.

My mom, dad, brother, and I are missionaries just entering the field. Well, right now I am telling you what already happened. I have been in Haiti for 17 days and counting... So maybe not JUST entering...

Alright I guess I should tell you more about my family.  So there's me- Haylie, my mom Emily, my dad Phil, and my brother Ethan.

God has shown Himself faithful in so many ways, like this one...


So way back when, whenever my dad would pray he always had this vision of an incubator. We had not a clue what that was all about. Fast forward a year and my family and I were on a short term trip to Haiti. Suddenly I came sprinting in the door out of breath saying..."GUYS,GUYS,YOU HAVE TO COME SEE THIS NOW!!!" I grabbed my mom and dad's hands and started pulling them out the door. Finally we got to the mechanical shop, and there, right before my eyes, was an incubator hatching it's 1st batch of chicks. It looked exactly like the one my dad saw when he prayed! Later we found out that 
the incubator was only used once, after that it got taken apart and the parts were used for other things.
It's like God told a guy to make it just for us! Isn't that cool?!? God has put so many stories like that in my life. But for now I'll keep it at that.

Once I find that picture I took of the chicks hatching I'll definitely post it.


Now that your sort of, not really caught up I can fast forward two years till now. Though leaving behind everything is pretty hard, I have to say I'm loving it here! Our house is right in front of a beautiful view of mountains.






You can kinda see the mountain behind that awesome rainbow.
It rains like all the time here so there's always rainbows.
That was actually a double rainbow! 
Sadly,the camera couldn't capture such beauty.


I live on Emmaus Biblical Seminary in Sakanvil, Haiti.
If you don't know what a seminary is here you go,
 it's a college 
that trains people 
to become pastors.
Since we live on a seminary of course there are school buildings...





If you've ever been to Haiti (or as Haitians call it Ayiti) you would know that there are a TON 
of lizards.You would also know that they love to come inside your house. I  like lizards so I put
up with it. My dad found one in his tool bag...





The lizard was about the size of a quarter! He was so cute and tiny!





One of the jobs my dad is going to have here is maintenance. Before we left, my dad was a 
landscaper. So he will also be doing some landscaping here. Here's a before and after picture
of what my dad can do...

   BEFORE (a Haitian man helped out!)

AFTER



They made a new flower bed, then my dad planted some plants!




I'm gonna tell you one more story before I wrap it up...

The only thing I am afraid of is spiders. I can handle quarter size and smaller, but anything 
bigger than that gives me goosebumps. 


The 1st  bad thing that happened to me was... we briefly had a giant wolf spider in our house...


Before we squashed it.


The 2nd bad thing that happen to me was... we had a tarantula bigger than my hand on our 
door to welcome us home.



What a heart warming welcome.

Well thats all for now...


Thanks for reading my blog!
 Stay tuned to here more crazy stories about my life in Haiti!







9 comments:

  1. AHHHHH! Those spiders are huge! I love you and miss y'all! Emily Rosenberger is giving you a virtual hug right now and also misses you guys a lot! We love you! I'm so glad you're blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haylie!!! I am so proud of you. Im sorry I never got to say goodbye, but that just means I'll have to come visit. I love you all so much! Can't wait to read more from you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you're blogging, Hay! Love how you're able to share the start of your new adventure :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love hearing stuff from you Haylie! You're such a great writer too. Can't wait to see more pictures!

    Josie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your blog, Haylie! Keep it up : ) Hope you have a great weekend!
    --Emily Rinehart

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is awesome Haylie!!!!! What a great little blogger you are!!! It's going to be so fun seeing things from your perspective!!! God has such great plans for you!!!! Thanks for sharing <3 Miss you bunches!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome HayBird!!! Love it and you!

    ...Aunt Kiki

    ReplyDelete
  8. We have been checking your Mom's blog everyday while learning more about your ministry in Haiti and trying to find a glimpse of you!! We also regularly read the Ayers blog and some others as they often mention you in theirs. Today in church Pastor Strope mentioned you had your own so we started looking for it the minute we got home! So cool to hear about your experiences. We miss you and are praying for you, your family and your mission in Haiti. :)

    The Luptons............especially Alyson!

    ReplyDelete